Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the preferred yogic kriyas for a lot of a long time now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence.
Training Surya Namaskar every day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which is able to allow you to lead your life in a higher manner and affect your creativity and intuitive skills. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it doable for folks of all age teams to carry out it, anytime, anyplace
Forms of Surya Namaskar
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has advanced, and its poses have differed into varied kinds and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into varied varieties of yoga kinds.
Let’s check out them within the part beneath:
1. Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar sequence, solar salutations have two varieties. -Kind A and B. Kind A consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
2. Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by way of the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiratory prominently. It is likely one of the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar kinds and probably the simplest one.
3. Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is much like the Hatha apply, however right here the main target is a bit more on tempo and power, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar sorts.
Shalika’s Unimaginable Weight Loss Journey – Misplaced 38 kgs in 12 Months
Chat with us to get began in your well being and health journey >> https://hlfy.me/YT_Video
How To Do Surya Namaskar – Hatha Fashion
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 basic poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1 – Prayer pose (Pranamasana)
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your ft collectively, and holding arms unfastened alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and produce your palms to fulfill within the heart of your chest. Calm down the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps enhance stability. It additionally helps relieve stress and nervousness.
Pose 2 – Raised arms pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter, stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Concentrate on breathing-in once you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscular tissues of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3 – Hand to Foot Pose (Hasta Padasana)
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and all the way down to the knees; as you come ahead, maintain the backbone lengthy.
- Palms down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation towards the thighs, and your head touches your knee. Maintain this place for a couple of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and strengthens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscular tissues.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes beneath.
- On the identical time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms all the way down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscular tissues and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- Slowly exhale, having management convey your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the correct, elevate your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by way of your backbone, convey the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6 – Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, bend your knees to the bottom, holding your toes curled beneath, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Maintain your elbows proper in towards your sides; supplying you with extra energy.
- Now, as you construct extra energy on this transition, you possibly can decrease the chest down whereas holding your hip and stomach up within the air.
- It improves the pliability of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up pressure.
Your eight physique chin, chest, each ft, each knees and each fingers are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7 – Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
- Maintain fingers and ft proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Maintain your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, leg muscular tissues, suddenly.
Pose 8 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- When you exhale, tuck the toes beneath. (identical as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by way of the backbone, bringing the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths right here. As you exhale, elevate the hips in direction of the sky and press your fingers into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood circulate to the spinal area.
It strengthens the muscular tissues of the legs and arms.
Pose 9 – Equestrian pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
- Convey the left foot forwards between the fingers, and push the pelvis forwards. Raise the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and looking out as much as the sky (identical as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscular tissues and tones deep core muscular tissues.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, maintain the correct foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (identical as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation towards the thighs, and your head touches your knee.
It improves blood circulation, stretches physique muscular tissues and makes the backbone extra versatile.
Pose 11 – Raised Arms Pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (identical as pose 2)
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It improves respiratory operate, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which ends up in a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12 – Standing Mountain pose (Tadasana)
- Then, eventually, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (identical as pose 1).
- Convey your arms down, gradual and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and enhance agility and blood circulation.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, holding you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
- Steadiness of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of stability attributable to varied causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis unhealthy actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nevertheless, you possibly can maintain your dosha in keeping with training Surya Namaskar every day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscular tissues will definitely make you lose extra calories by way of Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which can be answerable for weight acquire.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an excellent significance to strengthen their focus and chill out their minds whereas decreasing sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and unfavorable feelings. It will probably assist to revitalize the mind by participating the spinal wire. A every day 15-minute apply can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The HealthifyMe Observe
Surya Namaskara is an influence packed apply the place every of the 12 steps have their very own advantages. It’s best executed at dawn on an empty abdomen. Other than its bodily advantages, it reduces stress and revitalizes you.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are a lot. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing along with your breath supplying you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common apply of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely provides you huge advantages that allow you to uncover who you’re but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!
Disclaimer: The aim of this text is simply to disperse information and unfold consciousness. It doesn’t intend to interchange medical recommendation by professionals. For additional info please contact our licensed nutritions Here.
Regularly Requested Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the 12 steps of Surya Namaskara?
Surya Namaskar begins with Pranamasana (Prayer Pose), adopted by Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose), then Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashtanga Namaskara (Eight Limbed Pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), then once more Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose), Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose) and at last Tadasana (Standing Mountain Pose).
Q. What number of Surya Namaskara must be executed in a day?
In case you are a newbie, persist with doing it 4 or 5 occasions on a regular basis. You may enhance the variety of units as you apply. Nevertheless, in the event you really feel any discomfort or ache, seek the advice of a physician instantly.
Q. What are the advantages of Surya Namaskara?
Common apply of surya namaskar will be helpful to you in quite a few methods. It will probably allow you to shed some pounds, strengthen and tone your muscular tissues and joints, enhance digestive functioning, enhance respiratory well being and handle stress.
Q. Can I lose 10 kgs with Surya Namaskara?
Sure, it may possibly allow you to shed some pounds however step by step. Dropping 2 kilos a month is known as a wholesome weight reduction timeline. As 1 surya namaskar makes you lose 13.90 energy. Nevertheless, solely relying on it to shed some pounds will not be very best. There are a variety of things that may collectively allow you to healthily shed some pounds, like a balanced eating regimen, higher sleep cycle, lesser stress and so on.
Q. Which is the most effective time to do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar will be practiced any time of the day. Nevertheless, dawn is taken into account the perfect time because the morning solar refreshes your physique and thoughts.
- A Complete Research On Impact Of Surya Namaskar On Cardio-respiratory Endurance
- Insights on Surya namaskar from its origin to software in direction of well being
Our Assessment Course of
All the overview course of entails ranges of screening and analysis by environment friendly teams of writers, editors and accredited medical specialists. With the purpose to ascertain long-lasting wholesome life-style habits, we’re dedicated to writing concurrent, medically backed and evidence-based articles. Read more
Reviewed By – Shamlee Pathare, Masters in Yoga Remedy
Medically Reviewed By: Dr Poonam Sharma
Final Up to date by: Sumita Thomas (Date: April 9, 2023)