Veggie burrito bowls are a household favourite since everybody could make what they need. This tackle a Chipotle Veggie Bowl is a delightfully recent and filling recipe loaded with vibrant veggies. A bowl that’s each filling and enjoyable to eat, so get able to dig right into a weeknight staple!
Planning dinner each night time, seven days every week, 52 weeks a yr will get outdated actually quick. After I could make it simpler on myself, I’ll completely take that choice each time. This chipotle veggie bowl recipe is simple to toss collectively and could be personalized nonetheless your loved ones needs. It makes use of the identical course of as our favourite quick meals restaurant but doesn’t carry the worth tag.
Desk of Contents
Components for a Veggie Burrito Bowl
I typically prime my bowls primarily based on what is accessible within the fridge, but the bottom substances stay the identical.
- Brown rice: Shopping for rice in bulk from Costco is a superb, cost-effective option to have it readily available anytime you want it. I just like the style and taste of brown rice and my children don’t thoughts it, so it’s my go-to base.
- Black beans: Beans are a straightforward protein to toss in and they’re pretty gentle in taste. Swap with the beans of your selection.
- Olive oil: Since we aren’t baking within the oven on excessive warmth, it is a nice oil to make use of.
- Pink bell pepper and yellow onion: It is a traditional combo and simply sautéed so as to add taste. You *might* add these veggies in uncooked, but why would you wish to once they style so a lot better in a little bit of olive oil and heated on the range?
This base is straightforward, heat and straightforward to prime in virtually any approach you need. I additionally know that my children will eat these substances, so it’s an computerized dinner win to get in some plant-based protein and greens, irrespective of how they select to prime theirs.
Different Base Choices
My household is massive on rice, so that’s our go-to base for quite a lot of meals. If you would like an alternative choice, I obtained you! You may simply swap brown rice for white rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.
If you would like different grain-free choices, use diced butternut squash, candy potatoes or white potatoes. It’s also possible to use zucchini or yellow squash. There actually are so many choices.
I reside for a very good sauce. It doesn’t matter what veggies are within the bowl, the sauce needs to be excellent. I’ve been recognized so as to add my very own sauces to takeout meals in order that I can take it to the subsequent stage.
This veggie burrito bowl was initially topped with cashew cream, guacamole and salsa. Be at liberty to attempt any of the sauce choices beneath. They’re all unimaginable.
Excellent these sauce recipes after which flip any veggie bowl right into a gourmand get together in your mouth.
Tips on how to Assemble a Chipotle Veggie Bowl
There are a number of methods to customise this bowl. Let’s begin with the essential elements after which allow you to prime to your coronary heart’s content material.
- Prepare dinner the brown rice in line with the bundle instructions. It will take the longest to cook dinner so it needs to be began first.
- Whereas the rice is cooking, warmth a skillet over medium warmth. Add olive oil and heat for a number of seconds then add in chopped bell pepper and chopped onion. Prepare dinner till the onions are translucent and the peppers are delicate. Take away from warmth.
- Now you’ll be able to assemble your bowl. Add brown rice to the underside of a bowl then layer with cooked veggies, drained and rinsed black beans and lettuce. High along with your most well-liked toppings and dig in!
Professional Suggestions: Need extra flavorful rice? Use coconut milk or vegetable stock as a substitute of water. For those who like a extra “refried beans” texture then empty an undrained can of beans right into a small pot and warmth on medium. As soon as it begins effervescent, stir properly to maintain the beans on the underside from sticking. As soon as the specified consistency has been reached, take away it from the stovetop and permit to chill barely.
Chipotle Veggie Bowl FAQs
My bowl makes use of brown rice as the bottom then layers in black beans, sautéed onions and peppers in addition to a very good handful of lettuce. I prime my bowl with guacamole, cashew cream and recent salsa for a flavorful and dairy-free end.
All of it relies on what you set in it. These are usually not “low calorie” bowls once you use rice as a base. My recipe is 692 energy and is assured to maintain you filled with useable vitality for hours. Wholesome consuming doesn’t must be a salad!
Sure! Use complete meals substances, principally crops and stick with sauces which can be so simple as potential. I really like making sauces and dressings at dwelling in order that I do know precisely what’s in them and I can management the quantity of sugar in them. Use nutrient-dense substances with protein and wholesome fats to assist fill you up and preserve you full.
Extra Savory Dinner Bowls
For those who love the concept of a straightforward dinner win then attempt any certainly one of these veggie bowls at your subsequent household meal. Your loved ones can determine prime theirs and everybody enjoys a scrumptious meal:
Will this veggie bowl recipe make it onto your subsequent meal plan? If that’s the case, don’t neglect to charge + evaluate it beneath. Particularly should you customise it; critically, I really like listening to the way you make these recipes your individual!
Prepare dinner brown rice as directed on packaging.
Warmth a skillet over medium warmth. Add olive oil, then add chopped bell pepper and chopped onion. Prepare dinner till onions are translucent and peppers are delicate. Take away from warmth.
Assemble the veggie bowl. Begin with brown rice on the underside, then layer with cooked veggies, lettuce, guacamole, cashew cream, salsa and black beans. Do not be afraid so as to add extra of your favs. Add a recent squeeze of lime juice earlier than serving.
- Swap the rice with white rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Work with the veggies you will have readily available. There is no such thing as a want to purchase additional substances should you’ve obtained some recent produce at dwelling.
- I really like making the elements of this bowl after which setting them out buffet-style so everybody can select what they need in their very own bowls.
- If you would like an amazing vegan meat choice for this bowl, add some walnut taco meat.
- Further toppings embody recent tomatoes, sizzling sauce, chipotle ranch dressing, sliced avocado, chives and cilantro.
Energy: 607kcal, Carbohydrates: 93g, Protein: 13g, Fats: 22g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g, Monounsaturated Fats: 14g, Sodium: 116mg, Potassium: 794mg, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 3012IU, Vitamin C: 82mg, Calcium: 66mg, Iron: 3mg